Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Strong to the finish!!

Well this week was a very good week. We have found a few good people to teach. First of all we have Harold and his two children this weekend that we are going to baptize. A little bit about Harold. He is 29 and he was once married and had his two kids then he got divorced later on in time he got to know a girl that is a member of the church and they started dating and stuff but fell in the lay of chastity and the she got pregnant, I think she is like 20, what Harold did is he accepted it like a man he stayed with her, they got married so he can support his new family. Now he wants to repent and get baptized and get sealed with his wife and his 2 soon to be 3 kids. His wife is nine months pregnant, Harold is a great guy and he already looks like a member.

There are a lot of guys here that get the girls pregnant and leave them, I have seen it so much!!!! In the jungle its worse, I have seen 14 year olds pregnant, but I’m glad Harold accepted what he did and now wants a better life, this Saturday is going to be his baptism.

This Saturday we also will have a girl named Anna, she is 25 and all her family are members, she just never wanted to get baptized until when we showed up and taught her, she is a nice girl.

Then we were knocking doors one day and found this family that has been inactive for 20 years, they have two kids, Margarita who is 15 and Alex who is 10, Margarita is getting baptized this Saturday, she is really smart, and she is way cool, her family came to church this Sunday all dressed up and everything and they said that it felt good to be back, they are an awesome family.

This week we will find more people to teach. The zone is getting better, Elder Griffin is my district leader, he is doing good, Elder Briggs is in my zone too, its good to be back with them, Briggs too is working good.

Last week we had to do all the changes in the zone and everything and we had the interviews with President, everything went well, I gave a thirty minute training and how to teach more effectively and to challenge someone to baptisms, it was pretty good, my interview was pretty good with president, we talked about the zone he also asked how I felt to be finishing the mission, I told him that I really feel good for the work that I have done and that I have worked pretty good my whole mission, we talked about some things about the division of the mission, it was good.

Well my schedule seems way awesome and easy, I thought I was going to have to take English and Math and all that stuff but that will be next semester. The Peruvian teacher is fine, I would like to talk to her it might be a little easier for me if a talk about Peru with her. I’m not worried at all about my pronunciation, just a little about my grammar but not too much, I’m actually more worried about the English I speak ha-ha. My companion is doing good too we get along and we work good. I’m just happy I’m finishing this change.

It’s Winter here so when I get back I’m going to be sweating, I also have a runny nose I hope that when I get back it will go away. In a couple of weeks we are going to go to the center of Lima and I will buy some stuff for you guys. Last week we did eat lunch with the old pension it was fun, we told stories and everything.

The mall here has Burger King and Pizza Hut and KFC and McDonalds and China Wok. We went last p-day and bought something from Pizza Hut, six soles for a pizza roll and a drink. In our room we just use the owners fridge.

Well thank you for the support, I love you guys so much

love elder ridge

No comments: