Monday, May 24, 2010

Seeing Familiar Faces

Well this week was a busy week!!! First of all we had the changes so I went to my new(old room) it was cool it kind of felt weird but I’m enjoying it here.

Wednesday day all the zone leaders from the jungle and from barranca stayed the night for the zone leaders meeting Thursday, we stayed up until like 1:30 at night talking. I was hanging out with Elder Layton the whole time. So we got up and went to the zone leaders meeting and it was good. it’s a long meeting, it was from 8 in the morning to 5 at night, it’s all day but it was way good. Then all the missionaries flew back to the jungle but Elder Layton stayed with us again so he could go to the CCM for the meeting with Elder Jay Jensen, from the Seventy, Friday morning. So I was with Elder Layton for like 2 days it was fun.

Elder Jensen gave a great talk about the music and he spoke in Spanish too. I also saw Marc jay, he is doing good, then I saw a kid that was on the youth council with me I think he is from Highland 27th Ward. I said hi to him and talked to him on Friday. He finishes in August. If you can find his name that would be great?

My new comp is a good guy, he is from Porto Viejo Ecuador, he is 13 months in the mission, we work good together. Well, I got here and there was nothing in the area, the missionary here last change finished and was trunked out so we are working pretty hard, first of all there was a man that came to church and wants to get baptized with his two kids, his wife is a member and active the husband just never wanted to get baptized until now, so my last change

I’m going to baptize a family and complete the family. I’m way excited, it is such a blessing, finish the mission with a family, and we also had a girl come to church, her whole family are members but her, even here daughter is a member so we went and taught her and she wants to get baptized June 5th, man this change is going to be good but way fast, so I have to enjoy it.

In the zone there are 18 missionaries, its the second biggest zone in the mission, I must be doing something right ha-ha. The members where really happy to see me, my converts have all moved away but one is still here, its Suria, she’s the one from Puno and she is here visiting. I walked in and she was there, she is way active and even has a calling, she ran over to me so happy, it was way good to see her. I then went and saw my old pencion from Columbia and she freaked out, she was so happy.

Wait I just got a phone call from the assistants there are going to put another compaƱiship of sisters in our zone tomorrow, that means that in the zone there are going to be 20 missionaries y 8 sisters. This Friday we are going to have the interviews with President and then after that things will be a lot calmer.

I got a letter from Bishop Wright and he mentioned that he wanted me to do a fireside thing with the youth when I get back. He wants me to prepare a power point with pictures and stories and with spiritual experiences, im looking forward to it.

Well I love you guys so much and thank you for the support,

love elder ridge

No comments: