Monday, March 1, 2010

Great Week

Well, let me just tell you that this week was awesome. First of all my new companion is way cool he is from Santa Cruz Bolivia, his name is Elder Montellanos, he is huge. I’m taller than him but before the mission he was a body builder. He is way nice and we work hard together.

Up until Wednesday we had nothing in the area, we had to find a lot, in this week end we found a ton, and were are challenging everyone. Right now we have 9 people that are going to get baptized.

We have a family of 4, the Dad is named Gonzalo his wife Odisa and the two daughters Doris and Daniela. They are way prepared and ready to get baptized. When we challenged them we put the date for the 6th and he was like wow I would love it but I don’t think I can save up enough money that fast. Can we do it for the 20th? We laughed a little and said no don’t worry its free and he was like oh, in the catholic church you have to pay 50 soles it was kind of funny but they are way good.

Then we have a man named Jose Mendoza, he has 65 years and is ready to get baptized. Then we have the kids of una familia, which are three. Their parents want to but they aren’t married, so this Saturday we will have three. Ganzalo Odisa and Jose and the next we will have the daughters Doris and Daniela and the three kids from the family.

For the 20th we will have a man named Santiago in English its James, he contacted us in the street and was like teach me about José Smith, we entered his house and he taught us ha-ha, he says I know that Joseph had that vision and God and Jesus Christ appeared and then Moroni showed him the plates and it was the Book of Mormon. We were kind of surprised that he knew but so we taught him and he is going to get baptized.

This change is going to go fast because we have so much to do between me and my companion and the zone, its going to fun. Yes we heard about the earthquake but we didn’t feel it. Everyone is talking about how advanced Chile is because the quake was huge but only 700 died and the quake here a while ago was less powerful and killed 100,000. The houses here are not real strong. Also we have a mouse in our room, I have been trying to kill it for a week, and this morning, I was sitting on my bed and I see it run out from underneath my bed and I get up fast and grab the broom and chuck it like a spear and it hits the mouse against the wall and dies. My companion was like nice throw. It was awesome, it made me miss hunting, well thank you so much for the support, I love you guys so much.


love elder ridge

No comments: