Monday, March 15, 2010

Great Week and Loving the People

Well, everything is going good here, this weekend we had three more baptisms. The daughter of the family we baptized last week Doris, her friend Ruth and her friends little brother Dare. It was a great service. We did a massive baptism. The whole zone went to our chapel and we did it, the spirit was really strong.

In the middle of the service my companion was baptizing and I was waiting in line and I look back by the doors of the room where all the people were and there was a kid named Alex who is in my ward and is a little handicapped, standing in the hallway looking in at the service. Then I see him collapse hard. Boom he goes to the ground and starts making noises, a seizer, he has epilepsy. One of the district leaders runs and grabs him and I run and shut the two doors that were opened so that the people didn’t see it. I told two young men to stand there and to not let anybody leave. Then I helped grabbed the kid and we dragged him in to another room and put him into a chair. He wasn’t foaming from the mouth or biting his tongue but he was still moving and couldn’t talk. I called two other young men and said stay here with him I will be right back, I left the room and walked to the font right as my companion was leaving and I went right in and baptized two people, then I left soaking wet and sat with Alex for a little bit, until he felt better. Some people saw but not a lot of people so the service went on just fine, it turned out to be a good service.

This next week we are going to baptize Santiago Sosa, he is the man!! He is going to be a great leader. He already has friends and everything. Then the 27th we are going to baptize Bereniz, she is 26 and her dad is a member, he is the stake secretary, and another man named Carlos Leon, his girlfriend is a member, and another guy named Yovani, his wife is a member. We might be able to get some more too. We are really working hard. My companion is great.

A little bit about my area, its all wooden house, its all sand, there are always fleas, there are dogs that are dying all over the place, it always smells because the majority of people don’t have pluming, like I said it is one of the most poorest city’s in Peru, the people litery live in the dirt, they just put a mattress on the sandy floor and sleep, but im loving it, we are have success and the members are awesome, I think I might finish the mission here and I really wouldn’t mind, I have grown to love this area and the people, not just this area but everywhere I have served.

No comments: