Monday, January 18, 2010

12-7-09 Awesome New Companion and Parrots

This week was a good week, Elder Puga came and he is awesome. He is tall and light skinned. He looks like a gringo ha-ha, he is a nice guy. He is kind of quiet but we get along. He likes to work too, so we are doing really good.

Right now we are preparing 4 people for baptism for the 19th and we will have more around Christmas, hopefully a family, there is a missionary that just got back and we went to teach his parents and now they are wanting to get married and baptized, its such a blessing, we are working with them so we will see how it goes.

Yesterday Elder Evans, a missionary that just finished came to visit with his parents, we were talking for a little bit, we took a picture, his mom said that she was going to send it to you. Also Elder Rich is coming tomorrow, we are going to have a activity tomorrow night and him, his mom are going to be there. I’m so excited to get to know his mom, I know she will take pictures and send them to you. I can’t believe I’m going to meet her, after all this time im going to see her here in Pucallpa, who wouldn’t of thunk it. When I was talking to Elder Evens parents I was talking so stupidly, my English was awful, I felt so dumb, its going to be the same with Landon’s mom ha-ha oh well.

The other day we went to visit a less active family, the kids are members but the parents aren’t, its a little far in our area, its kind of where the jungle starts. We where there and she comes out with a roasted bird on a stick, I asked her what it was and she said it was a parrot, she let us try some, it was alrght, parrot won’t be my favorite, she tells us that in front of he house there are always parrots in the trees, we didn’t realize it but sure enough. They were flying around. They are about the size of a dove but really colorful, she said that her son always goes out and kills them with a sling shot and brings them back to eat. I was like, before the mission I hunted. She’s like here you go and gave me and my comp a sling shot and we went in front of her house trying to kill parrots with a sling shot but we didn’t have any success, she was laughing watching us and so were the neighbors ha-ha. It was a good way to gain the peoples confidence. We are going to teach them this week, it was awesome. I went parrot hunting in the jungle with a slingshot, man I love it here.

No comments: