Thursday, November 19, 2009

Busy week of Baptisms, Motokar theft and fishing for Piranha

Well this week was crazy, we had to do so many things. We had 4 baptisms on Saturday. Martin is 23 years old, he has a huge goal to serve a mission and he is already really active and does so much stuff with the activities. His uncle is our ward mission leader he helps us out so much. Then we had Peter who is 18. Peter is going to serve a mission too. His brother is a member, he takes us around in his motokar wherever we need to go. Then we had Kevin that’s 15, his brother is a member too, he is a cool kid, and Cecilia who is a single mother, she is a nice girl, she is 18. We all baptized them together so the pictures are pretty cool.

Martin didn’t get confirmed because something bad happened to his uncle, our ward mission leader. I was there in the church waiting for them to come and they didn’t come, I was thinking they always come what happened, you know me I started worrying and worrying all through church. I had a feeling that something bad happened, after we went to their house to see what was happening and Teofilo, our ward mission leader, was driving his motokar going home for the night at like 12.00 at night, Saturday. Someone called him from the side of the street for a ride, he pulled over and the guy pulled out a gun and grabbed him and put the gun to his head, another guy left from the bushes with a knife and grabbed him and pulled off the motokar and took off, he was lucky they didn’t kill him. Martin had to go help him so they couldn’t come to church, next week he will get confirmed. They are recovery now, it is sad because Teofilo drives his motokar for his job to make money for his wife and recent born baby. Now he doesn’t have a job, he is really worried.

This week I will do a gringo change with Elder Schofield, Wednesday, I can’t wait, I need a break from my companion, yesterday he decided that the Sabbath day is for everyone and missionaries shouldn’t work and decided not to work, he just wanted to sleep. I’m really learning patience this change. I didn’t yell or anything but I realized I have a lot of Dad in me ha-ha. He ended up working.

I’m glad you got my package, you guys can enjoy, just please be careful with the Anaconda head, put that in my room or something.

We are not going to Iquitos anymore, we are going to Lima next Monday night and we will return Tuesday night here, it kind of stinks but im way excited.

Today we are going to go to a small jungle really far from here and we are going to go fishing for piranha, its going to be awesome, well thanks for the support, I love you guys so much.


love elder ridge

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am Elder Schofield and I just got home about a week ago. I had the great Privilage to work with your son in Pucallpa and taught me alot and became a great friend. He is a great missionary, representing the Lord and the family name he bares. I wish him the best!!!