Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Good Tasting - Guinea Pig

que tal,

Well to answer your questions, I haven’t sent the package yet I will try to send it today, before the changes. There is a member that washes the laundry here, every Monday in the morning we drop it off and Wednesday in the morning we go and get it. We kind of walk but not really, my area is flat, but here in Barranca we are allowed to take motos and in Lima we cant so we ride in the little motos here to get around.

My pension lives close to us and we share the same penionista with the zone leaders because they live down the street and my zone leader is Elder Maldonado, its awesome, he is a fun leader, we always talk about when we were companions, its fun.

My apartment is nice because it has two rooms, one to study and one to sleep, it has an entry room where we do exercises and it has a kitchen, there is nothing it but its our room. Our bathroom has hot water now and its really nice because it is new, just painted, its tiled, tiled floors, and its the third floor so we can go up to the roof and see the ocean, its really nice.

My area is....not safe, not at all, Elder Chambi has been here in Barranca for a long time but he has just been changing areas inside the zone. He has been robbed three times with knifes, his camera got robed and everything so that’s why I only carry like 5 soles on me, and when we went to take pictures at the beach, we had members go with us because by the beach its worse.

Well, this week was mas o menos, first of all we were going to have three baptisms this coming weekend but only one come to church, we are going to baptize Santa, she is 37, her sister is a member, she is really nice and really excited for her baptism, the other two are gong to get baptized but the 24th, but im pretty sure im leaving this area so I wont be here for there baptisms but the important thing is that they are gong to get baptized.

This week I finally ate what I have always been waiting to eat, cui cui, guinea pig, a lady gave us for lunch, and its good!!, there isn’t a lot of meat, but its soft white meat, its good, I took pictures, you can see its little rat feet and claws, it wasn’t bad.

Yesterday I was talking to the missionary that served in Provo, and I asked him what was his favorite fast food in Utah and he said carls jr, im like ooooohhh my gosh I totally forgot about carls jr, it made me a little trunky. Tell Mimi and Pop that I do receive their emails and I love reading them and I enjoy them. I’m really excited to hear about the deer hunt this year, it doesn’t matter if they don’t get anything I still want to see a picture of them in the mountains!!!!!!!!!!, last year you didn’t send me one.

No comments: