Monday, October 19, 2009

Back to the Jungle!! Pucallpa

Well the changes are here and I’m going back to the jungle!!! I’m going to Pucallpa!! It’s by Brazil(it is a large city on the east of Peru, close to the Brazil western boarder) and it’s going to be hot. My new companion is Elder Neito. Someone told me that he is from Peru but I have never heard of him, we will see how things go. Elder Chambi stays here but he is going up to senior companion. The cool thing is that I have to leave tomorrow in a bus to get to Lima and then im going to stay the night in my old house. I will be able to visit my converts, and then Wednesday im going to fly in the morning to Pucallpa!!! They say its kind of like Iquitos but not as much city, I’m so excited I can’t stand it, I’m going back to the Amazon jungle.

This week was so awesome, we baptized Santa, I baptized here and Sunday Elder Chambi confirmed her. Also Juan Carlos received the priesthood last week and this week we were teaching him how to bless the sacrament, so Sunday I had the blessing to sit next to my convert and bless the sacrament together, it was so awesome, not many people can say that, I taught him good, he did it his first try, I had to do it twice because I messed up, he was laughing and said I did it better than you my first time, we were laughing, Sunday was such a good day. Also Rendy came to church in a suit, he is so excited to be baptized I’m kind of sad I won’t be able to be there. Elder Chambi and I ended the change good with three baptisms which is good for Barranca, we baptized the most in the zone, it was such a fun change.

I’m pretty sure I will be in Pucallpa for Christmas, get ready for horrible reception again, thanks for everything, I love you guys, next week I will be in the jungle!!!

2 comments:

My Family said...

It is wonderful to hear how Elder Ridge is doing. Elder Hyde loved being in Pucallpa. I hope he does too. Thanks for sharing his letters with us!
Theresa

Gwen said...

Pucallpa is great ! Elder Rich loved it also. Be prepared to eat some Piranha! Fun times :)