Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Transfered to Barranca




Well the changes came in and I’m pretty happy, I’m leaving Lima! No I’m not going to the jungle but I’m going to Barranca, Norte Chico, it’s like 6 hours north of here in a bus. I’m pretty excited because that part of the zone is right by the ocean and it’s a lot cleaner, from what I heard. My new comp is Elder Chambi, I think it’s the same Chambi that’s from my group. He is from Santa Cruz Bolivia. I’m pretty excited. I travel Wednesday in the afternoon.

I’m staying warm and the fleas left so I don’t have them anymore. The air here just absolutely sucks, when you look at Lima on google earth you just see smog and clouds, I live under that. I think there have been three days this whole change where I have seen the sun, it’s kind of depressing.

This change was really fun, I really enjoyed training and helping my companion. I learned a lot this change, it was a really fun change. This week nothing new really happened, I ate cow stomach again, I hate it when they give me it but also this week I ate a different part of the cow that I haven’t eaten before and it was actually pretty good, I actually really liked it. Yesterday I ate cow heart, it was pretty good, now I have eaten, cow liver, brain, stomach, lungs and heart. I’m sure next time will be the intestines, gross, but all the missionaries tell me that in that part of Peru Barranca I will be eating a lot of guinea pig. I have yet to try it so I kind of want to. The other day we had chicken soup, here the chicken soup is different, the soup consists of noodles, carrots, potatoes, chicken breast, chicken brain, chicken liver, chicken kidney, chicken neck and the famous chicken feet. I have had this soup so much it doesn’t even faze me. I will send you some pictures of me sucking on the chicken foot, it’s actually not bad it just has a lot of little bones and not too much meat. My favorite food here is aji de gallina, it’s so good.

No comments: