Monday, September 14, 2009

Loving Barranca


Well this change will be fun. So, Wednesday I had to say goodbye to my son, it was sad. Last change was the fastest change that I have had so far. Wednesday I got on the bus with my companion Elder Chambi and we headed up north. The bus was a normal bus it had TVs and DVD, it was like a 4 hour bus ride and the highway is along the ocean, it was awesome. We got here in the city and I like it a lot better than Lima. It’s more opened here, it reminds of Manti. It’s a normal city but really small. It’s more calm here. My area is awesome! It’s on the ocean so every time I walk out the door from my house I see the ocean, it’s tight there and I love it! Thursday we went to see the beach, it is way clean and nice. It’s not that big of a section but it awesome, I will take some pictures, I love this mission, two months ago I was in the Amazon Rain Forest, now I am on the Pacific Ocean. I have the best mission ever.

Here it’s a district not a stake so I'm in a branch. It’s a little more difficult because there aren’t a lot of members that comes but there are a ton of returned missionaries so they help us a lot. One of them served in the Provo Utah mission, I was talking to him Sunday, he speaks good English. His first area was in American Fork/Highland area so he knows where we live. He said he loved that mission so much that he didn’t want to come home, I can understand why. I said to him it’s different up there(Utah) isn’t it? He’s like ya way different.

Yes, they do give me a lot of fish here and its nasty ocean fish, I liked the fish from the Amazon but the ocean fish is gross and one day they gave me fish for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I couldn’t believe it.

When I got here there was only one person that was progressing for baptism but now we have 5. We have two young men who’s grandparents are members, a girl that is 14, 2 men that have 35 years, and we have other people that are progressing. There is a lot of potential in this area. I'm really happy to be here.

My pesionista is alright, she’s way nice and her cooking is descent. She lived in Japan for 15 years so she knows Japanese. My Spanish is going to get a lot better, I'm the only gringo in my zone, I will be speaking Spanish 100 percent this change, it should be fun. My room is clean and the shower is hot so im happy but its way colder here because of the wind from the Ocean. I’m doing good and I’m really happy.

No comments: