Thursday, September 3, 2009

Great Week for Blue Eyes

8-31-09

Well, this week was normal, nothing really exciting happened. We didn’t have any baptisms. We do have a couple of people who are getting prepared. Maximo for the 12th of September. He was going to do it for the 5th but he has to travel and will be gone for a week but he still wants to do it. He is 74 years old and every Sunday he leaves early in the morning to be able to get to church because he lives in hills a little bit high up and he walks slow with a cane but he still comes. He has so much faith to be
able to do that but he is excited to get baptized. His son is a member so he is helping us too. Also on the 12th we have is a young girl named Monica. She’s 14 and she always comes to church but her mom doesn’t give her permission to get baptized but we had a member go to her house and talk to her mom and it worked so now we are helping her get baptized.

The temple was really cool. It was good to go back. Last time I was there( 7 months ago) I understood some but not everything. This time I understood everything in the session because I have more time with Spanish
. When we were there it was also the day that the missionaries in the CCM come so we were there with a couple of new missionaries, fresh from the states. They all asked me how long does it take to be able to speak and be fluid and is it hard, stuff like that, I was asking them stuff like what’s happening in the states. It was fun. After that we didn’t go to KFC. We went to a Polleria or a chicken restaurant, we eat their style of fast food, its fried chicken with French fries and salad, called Pollo a la Brasa.

This change has gone by so fast, next week we will know the changes, I have know I dea what will happen, so we will see what happens. The weather is warming up here, we are entering spring, by the way we don’t even have crushed ice down here, that don’t even use ice that much. Right now I weigh 82 kilos (180), can you tell me how much that is in pounds, I think when I got here from the jungle I weighed like 78(171) to 80(176) kilos, now I’m like 82, tell me how much that is in pounds. For my Halloween package I would just love some homemade cookies, chocolate chip or the Halloween ones that we make every Halloween but I will let you know later more stuff. I don’t need any clothes. I’m pretty good, with all the stuff you guys bought before the mission, it has lasted me until now without any problems.

The other day we were walking down the street and this girl came up to me and she was a little crazy. She asks me why are the movies form the United States are so violent. I said I have no idea, I don’t make them, and she goes on about how she doesn’t like them because they are bloody and stuff, and then a dog barked on the roof that we were under and she said that’s my dog and I was like really what’s his name and she said Rambo, I laughed, I couldn’t believe she was talking about the bloody movies and how they were bad and her dog is named Rambo. To top it off, she asked my hand in marriage, ha-ha yes, she started talking about how women always get married to men because of the money but I want to get married to you because you have blue eyes, will you marry me? I was like wow, I didn’t know what to say, I was like well it was good talking to you we have to go over there and I think your dog is waiting for you in your house, we will pass by another day, good bye, and she like ok I will be waiting here. My companion started making fun of me, he’s like I didn’t know you have your little girlfriend in the mission, we were laughing so hard. Don’t worry I won’t bring a Peruvian home ha-ha.

No comments: