Tuesday, September 29, 2009

No hot water, No Food and No Room all in one week!

This week was hectic!! I had to do so much, first of all we had 2 baptisms, Luz and Juan Carlos, it was awesome, Elder Chambi baptized Luz and I baptized Juan Carlos, it was a good service. I bought cake and soda, I always make the services fun so that they always remember it, I also take pictures and print them off and give it to them with my testimony on the back. This is something I have always done so they can have a good experience.

So Wednesday I wake up, I turn the shower on and the water heater breaks, and cold water starts coming out. It’s winter here still so it was freezing! Then I get changed and we go to eat at our pensionista, while we were there she says elders I can’t serve you anymore. I’m starting to travel more to visit family. I’m like oh great, I took a cold shower and now we don’t have anyone to give us food. So we finish there and get to the room to study and the phone rings, its the zone leaders. They say Elder Ridge, Sister Perez called, (presidents wife), and says that you guys have to move houses, because there was a 15 year old girl that lived in the house, and they were like you have until Tuesday to find one so one week. I’m like this stinks! I took a cold shower, I don’t have food and I don’t have a room, I have to go look for a place to live, what could be worse.

So then that night we had Luz’s baptismal interview, we go to her house to take her to the church and we get there and she’s like I cant go, im like why? My older brother won’t let me, why wont he let you I said, because he said that I have to do other tings that are more important. So then we talked to her mom and she’s like I want her to go but he is getting physical and he will hit her if she goes. Her brother is like 22 I think, I was so done with the day that was awful I said to her mom, if he has a problem with this go to his room, tell him to come here to this door where I am standing and talk to me face to face because I want to talk to him, she’s like ok, she left, she comes back, and says he says he doesn’t want to leave his room, I’m like you got to be kidding me, she’s like no, and then Luz was like, he’s afraid of you. I kind of laughed a little, that’s the first time anybody has said that ha-ha, it kind of took me by surprise, but in the end she was able to go and she passed and was baptized.

There was so many things we had to do this week, we found a room, its pretty nice, and our new pensionista is the District President, he has his own pizza restaurant, we ate pizza every night, its not as good as the pizza up there but it works.

So this morning we got up at 5 in the morning to move, we got done in two hours, we still have to organize everything in the afternoon, but everything worked out, we are in a nice house, we are eating pizza, we had two baptisms and to top it off we were walking yesterday and a lady said Elders I’m a member but my daughter isn’t and I want her to be baptized, we were like ya ok we will do it, it ended up being a good weekend.

But the thing that really stunk is that I get my package from the zone leaders, I go to my room all excited to open it but I look at the box and it is in a different box, they changed the box when it gets here sometimes to check what’s in it. It says 100 percent Peruvian, im like great, I open it up, and not to my surprise, my ties and socks were not found, I yelled ! ellos freaking me robaron!

I did love the rice krispie treats and wheat thins, I took a box to the pensionista, she’s like what is it? I’m like its a cracker eat it its good it taste like pizza, she’s like really, im like ya, then she says but how do I eat it, I laughed and said hermana just eat it, she ate it and loved it she couldn’t stop, she called them the little pizzas and shared the box with everyone saying try it try it, they are little pizzas, I was laughing.

We have interviews this Tuesday so President will be here, to answer your questions, I don’t know my address but we now live by the chapel, there is a park by the chapel and we live in front of it on the 3rd floor, and when we go to the roof, you can see the ocean, man I picked good, good house and pensionista.

I sold my iPod to Elder Rich’s companion, the assistant Elder Santiago, he is from Guatemala, he called me all the time and bugged me, Ridge I want your iPod I want your iPod, im like fine I will sell it to you, 150 dollars, I wasn’t listening to it that much, and I didn’t listen to it for 6 months in the jungle, and I was thinking, there is better iPods that will come out by the time I get home, I will just sell it and buy a better one when I get back, then after that the thought came to my mind, hey dummy, you don’t have any money to buy an iPod when you get back, I kind of regret it but oh well, its not that big of deal, I will just buy one later on.

Next week I will tell you what I would like for Christmas but I for sure don’t want a lot, just a little package because before I leave I will give a lot of clothing away to the people here that need it more like young men in the ward that’s going to serve a mission people like that, but other than that nothing else really happened this week, thank you for the package, thank you for the support, I love you guys so much.

Love Elder Ridge

No comments: