Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Loving the Continsuyo Ward

Wow it was weird to talk to Dad today. (He called to get his social security number to apply for a residence card.) Today Elder Layton, Elder Hyde, Elder Ellison and myself went down to the south part of Lima to get the I.D. card we need that lets us fly in the country. I need that card when I fly to the jungle someday. It was way sweet to hang out with those guys for a p day.


I’m in the zone Tahauntinsuyo which borders Independencia, I work in the ward Continsuyo. Things are going good, the Spanish is progressing everyday. The work here is good, we have 8 baptisms set for the end of this month. The other night we were talking to a person and I heard all these people yelling and dogs barking and my companion said “let’s go we have to get out in the street. All these people were running out of there houses and I was like what s going on? It was a templor(earthquake) but I didn’t feel it but everybody else did.




This Sunday I’m going to eat guinea pig so that should be fun.


The other day I was eating some soup and I pull up a spoon full and looked down and was taken by surprise because in my spoon was the toe from a chickens foot, nail and all. I didn’t expect it but I ate it and it. It wasn’t that weird. I finally got chased by a big dog and my foot wasn’t doing the trick so I got a little scared but it was ok. Peru is pretty sweet.
The people here are way nice and humble. It is like 60 degrees here so it’s a little chilly but i don’t really need a sweatshirt or anything because it’s starting to warm up. (Peru is leaving their Spring and starting into Summer) Our room is pretty big and my shower is hot water but when the power shuts off it gets Freezing, which happens a lot. My bed is the size of a twin, but let me say this, United States Missionaries have it easy the way they live. (This is a jab at his brother and brother in law )

No comments: