Monday, October 20, 2008

Great Update


Well , I didnt get to eat guine pig they just gave me chicken and rice oh darn.
My companion is from Southern Peru (Pictured in White) he was baptized at the age of 12. He has 14 months in the mission .
My pension (A pension is someone who feeds Elder Ridge and Elder Lima morning and night. They eat lunch with members.) is a member and we have to walk about a mile to get to her every morning. She is way nice and her food is always good. Another member in the zone does every missionarys clothes (laundry)in the zone.
The women I baptized calls me her padrino(godfather) because I baptized her. Her son is getting baptized on the first of November and he is twelve years old. We had a baptism Saturday, it was the girl Poala the one cutting my hair my first day and said I want to take your lessons. She bore a awesome testimony. It was pretty sweet.
I have not been sick yet. Our living conditions are way nice. Our area is the nicest in the zone if not the whole mission. We went to a other part of the zone for a inactive member reactivation and we visited all the members that were inactive. The area was in the hills and it was pretty different it was all dirt roads little shacks. I realize how nice I have it in my area and makes me appreciate America.
My Spanish is coming along. Everyweek is better. I understand more and can say more everyday. Elder Cheesman and Elder Taylor help me so so so much with the structure of sentences and words and all those things. If it weren't for them I wouldn't know what I know now. I can speak a decent amount of Spanish I just can't understand a lot. Only like 70 percent and usually it's just getting the gyst of it but it will come.
Today we are going to the zoo so that is why I am writting early. Wednesday we have a meeting with Elder Christofferson at the CCM (MTC in Lima Peru) so I am looking forward to that. Friday I am going on interchanges with the district leader for the day and that will be nice cause he is way cool and he is one of the missionarys that was kicked out of Bolivia.
I don't know if you have heard but sometimes the shower shocks you haha. I accidently put my head to the shower because I'm taller than it, so I always have to croutch and when I put my head to it the whole shower lit up and I was shocked. It felt weird so I have to be careful. This is the second time that has happened haha.
It's starting to get warmer here. It's cold in the mornings and nights but in the afternoon its warm, a perfect temperature.

1 comment:

Taylor Griffin said...

Hi Ridge family,
My son (Taylor Griffin) was in the MTC with your son. He is also serving in Lima north. He is in the city also. Do you know if they are in the same zone. It is so nice to see how well they are doing.

Lori Griffin