Sunday, September 7, 2008

Transfered to Spanish Speaking - Douglas Arizona



September 3, 2008


I have been transferred to Douglas Arizona which is on the border of Mexico and yes I will be using Spanish now so I am pretty excited. My new companion is Elder Bergg and he is from Lehi and we graduated the same year. He has been out 9 months and I am the first Elder he has trained. Arizona has the most awesome skies. The sunsets are way cool and it is really hot! It’s at the end of the monsoon season so every night it rains and I’m not kidding...it rains! I have never seen it rain so hard in all my life! I’m not kidding!

There are lighting storms every night and its way cool! The cactuses are huge! My new area is just dirt.There are no plants haha so its basically Mexico. When I get here I heard the area is really slow but it is what you make of it. When I leave the whole town will be converted. There is no such thing as a slow area!
We get fed pretty well but I run now every morning. I have lost weight and I can run a mile in 6:30 so I’m getting back into shape. It’s weird because no body has grass down here, its all rocks and there are no gutters. The roads are the gutters so when it rains the streets turn into a river and it flows like 2 feet deep it’s cool. I am always wet because I sweat so much! I cant wait to go to Peru and have it even be hotter!

No comments: