Sunday, September 7, 2008

My First Area (Rincon East Area)


September 1, 2008

So Tucson is amazing! When I got off the plane I was picked up by one of the senior missionaries and he dropped me off at the mission office. I was there for about 4 hours and then the Assist’s picked me up and took me to Elder Lybbert and Elder Baker. They were zone leaders but Elder Baker was called as an Assist. He had to leave earlier and get trained so I took his place so technically I was a zone leader but not really.

Elder Lybertt could’nt drive so I had to drive everywhere. The mission vehicle is a 4 door truck, its pretty sweet. It’s a brand new Chevy Colorado. I don’t like the actual vehicle but it is fun to drive.

I served in the Rincon East Area and it was way cool. We were over 4 wards and the members were awesome but I was English speaking. I have been English speaking the past week so that hasn’t helped me with the language. Right when I showed up they said “alright lets go we have an appointment”. So off we went teaching!! My first night I committed this girl (18 years old) to baptism. It was the first time I had ever taught anyone and she is getting baptized on the 27th. We also have 4 others committed to baptism. We worked really hard and because of it we have added 14 investigators in the past week.

On Sunday I spoke in church. They always pick out the new guy so I talked for 20 minutes! Can you imagine that! I didn’t even look at the paper the whole time. I talked about the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement. When I was finished the Bishop got up and talked about how he couldn’t believe I have been out for only 4 days and my parents must be proud .

No comments: