Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 8, 2008

I am on the border!!!

Douglas Arizona is pretty sweet! I am right on the border. I have lost a lot of weight here because it is really hot here and I’m always sweating. I borrowed a bike from a member and it is a really nice trek mountain bike so we ride everywhere, we have a truck but we only use it to go to church, on p-day and to go to district meeting. Our district meetings are 150 miles away. There is only one ward here and it is English and Spanish. There isn’t that many people in it though but it is a ward. We are not allowed to cross the border because it is out of our area but you will see some pictures of me at the fence. We are the only missionaries here. The closest is in Sierra Vista which is 150miles away. We are over Douglas, Bisbee, and San Jose. We are both English and Spanish but we mostly teach in English. I have taught a couple of people in Spanish but not that much. The big thing here is border patrol. There are a lot of people in the ward that work for the border patrol cause they all served missions that they spoke Spanish. Douglas AZ is tied with San Diego for how many people try to get over. There is always helicopters flying over and stuff it’s pretty cool! There are a lot of dogs here. I have been chased two times!!!! The members feed us well but I am still can’t wait to go to Peru!!

No comments: