Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Sept 15, 2008

Wow! alot happened this week!!! Elder Berg and I were riding our bikes past a park and someone yelled "Mormon's"! So we went over there and started talking to these guys and one had a basketball. So we said "Hey you want to play a quick game of basketball?" They said "Yes" and so we played and we schooled them in our ties and everything! They couldn't believe it, they were shocked becuase they hadn't been beat in a couple of years. After we were done playing they were tired and so we sat down. Then I said "okay now we beat you so we get to teach you." They said "Okay" we asked them what religious background they were and they said Catholic but they want to be Christian instead. ha ha ha. I thought that was funny coming from a Catholic. There names are Alex and Rudy. Alex has a girlfriend and she is 17 and they have a 5 month old baby. Rudy is 16 and we have been teaching them. The Bishop is going to marry Alex and his girlfriend and They are all going to be baptised on October 11th. It is so amazing how strong they are! They all prayed for the truth of the Book of Mormon and they all say without a doubt they know it is true. We also have several others we are working with. They don't have a bapsism date but they will very soon. We are also working with a lady that is a bartender but she doesn't want to do it any more. This area is starting to grow and it is awsome!!!!!


We were riding past a gate the other day and the gate was opened. We thought we could go in and knock on the door so we went in. Once we got in the gate I see this hudge pitbull taking off after me. I think I am going to die becuase it was the biggest thing I had ever seen!!! It gets about 10 feet from me and all of a sudden it gets yanked back by a leash. I didn't see a leash so I thought I was done for. I was a close call!!! The Lord does bless us. Tell everyone "hi" for me and I hope to call you soon because I will be leaving for Peru.

No comments: