Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day Call

Sunday May 9th (Mother’s Day)

The family was able to talk with Elder Ridge on Sunday. He sounds great and we can definitely tell he has been speaking Spanish for two years. He was struggling a little with his English.

He has had some good success in his current area and told us about a baptism he had on Saturday. The zone that he is in is doing great and he has a couple of missionaries he started with (Elder Hyde and Elder Morton) and they are working hard and having good success and a good time.

Currently, Elder Ridge does not have a pension to cook his meals so he and his companion eat breakfast and dinner in their room. They purchase food at a local market. They have milk(warm in a box), cereal, fruit and hotdogs. They eat lunch with member of the ward and branch they are serving.

Elder Ridge comes home on June 30th, so his mother loved the fact that she could tell him, she will see him next month. He loves his mission and all the wonderful experiences, and he says he is continuing to work hard. However, he is looking forward to coming home and see family and friends.

Here is Elder Ridge’s short email.

Well it was good to talk to you guys, everyone sounded good. I cant wait to see you guys. Next week I will write you about the changes. Like I said I’m pretty sure I will stay here. I also need photos of me before the mission to put on my farewell video that the mission does, if you can scan them on the computer, I would like one when I was a little kid, maybe a baby picture, just send pictures of me before the mission, playing sports and stuff like, send a couple of funny ones too, I need these pictures before June, well thank you so much for everything, I love you guys, elder ridge

No comments: