Monday, February 15, 2010

Caving Lima Style, Talks, Teaching and a Companion's Sacrifice

This week was a good week!!!

First of all P-day we went to the beach and then we went to some caves with flashlights with some members. It was way fun. It was no Timpanogos Cave. The caves here it was filled with trash, smelt bad and graffiti everywhere but it was still fun.

Yesterday was a good day, way spiritual!!! First of all we gave talks in Sacrament Meeting. I talked for like 15 minutes and then at night there was a Stake Fireside about Missionary Work. Because we are the Zone Leaders we had to give other talks for 10 minutes in front of the Stake. I talked about Daniel and the lions den and that if we do as Daniel did and are obedient and trust in God and put the things of God first in our life, God will protect us and bless us just like he did with Daniel. How the lions sometimes can be those trials and difficult times in our life’s or even temptation but if we are prepared we shouldn’t have to worry, I thought it went well.

I also taught the Gospel principles class. We just got a new teacher put in the class. So Sunday she gets up and talks for 5 minutes and says amen and looks at me. So I had to get up and teach but its alright because she is learning, it was a good spiritual day yesterday.

We did get the news about the missions. President is going to talk about it this Friday but basically it doesn’t effect me, it will be after I leave, I will finish the mission with President and the mission, I will be a true norteƱo. My last change it will be a fun despedida with President and everyone.

This Saturday we are going to baptize a girl named Claudia she is 14, she is such a cool girl and way smart. She was prepared, she goes to all the activities in the church and all her friends are members.

I also got news from Elder Roldan. My second companion here, one of my favorites. If you remember his parents are Evangelists(I think that’s what it is in English), his Dad is a pastor for the church and once Elder Roldan got back his parents kicked him out of the house and never want to see him again. Right now he is living with another returned missionary from this mission and now teaches in the mtc in Guatemala, I loved him so much and I feel so bad for him, it makes me appreciate the family that I have, thank you so much for all the support, I love you guys so much.

love elder ridge

No comments: