Monday, January 18, 2010

12-21-09 Finally an Uncle, Baptisms and a Great Family

Emily had her baby!!!!! Finally I’m an uncle, the baby looks good and healthy, I want to hear her voice when I call, you will have to pinch her or something. Emily looks out of it but she looks good, I’m so happy that everything went good with the birth, I can’t wait to see her in 6 months.

This week we had three baptisms, Eduardo he is 20, and Juan he is 85, he is way old, my comp baptized him and had to do it way slow but he did it Juan was so happy, then Freddy he is 26, there was a lot to do.

Saturday was a busy day for us, all the baptisms were at different times, we where running around trying to pick people up and get the keys to the church then the font wasn’t working, it was crazy but everything turned out good, this Saturday we are going to baptize Jackie, she is nine her parents are members.

Now we are also going to baptize a man named Marc Antonio, all of family are members his wife his kids, one of his kids is going on a mission to Argentina in a couple of weeks but Marc was a drunk, two months ago I found him drunk in the street, every time we went to go talk to him he was drunk, until Tuesday we caught him at his house and he wasn’t drunk. We were talking to him and I was like do you need help with anything can we do some service in your house and he said yes im going to build chicken incubators, so we went the next day and helped him build them.

I was just talking to him getting to know him and he brought up the topic of baptism and I’m like well we can help you drop your habits and we can complete your family and you can start off the new year way good, how bout we baptize you the 2nd of January. He says like ya that’s fine, I want to get baptized now, it was awesome. We go to his house everyday making sure he isn’t going to smoke or drink he came to church, its way awesome, his family is so happy.

We have twins that we are going to baptize the 2nd as well, the are 12 years old, their family are members, things are going good with my companion, he I so awesome, we get along way well, we work way good together.

So here is the deal for Christmas, om going to call you Thursday to set up a time for Friday, I have no idea when I will call you Thursday, I have to do baptismal interviews, appointments and we are going to eat in the stake presidents house for dinner, I might call you in the morning or in the afternoon or at night, just make sure someone is there to answer me im hoping someone os there to answer me, thank you for the support and I love you guys,

love elder ridge

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love that he wanted to hear Karra cry and Buddy bark!