Monday, January 18, 2010

1-11-2010 Death in Pucallpa and Transfers to Lima

Well this week was a good week, we have found new families to teach that want to get married and get baptized. 2 families, they are way nice people and they like the church a lot. This week was a week to find more people and we did find some good people so we are way excited for them to progress.

Some sad news is the other day when we were eaten dinner with our pensionista, the owner was like Elder there is something wrong with the monkey she is kind of depressed and sick. I was like what, bring her here I will take a look at her. Thinking I know something about monkeys, he brought her to me and she had the saddest little face, I could tell she was a little sick, she curled up on my lap and fell asleep, then like 5 to 10 minutes after she sat up and looks and me and then just throws up all over my leg. I kind of took me by surprise because I have never seen a monkey throw up, let alone on my leg, I got up and cleaned up and put her in her little hammock. Then the next the guy comes to window and says Elder I need you to dig a hole for the monkey she did last during the night. I was kind of sad, put later I found out that the owner killed her because he gave her flu pills for people, that’s what did it.

We had to give talks yesterday, I gave a 15 minute talk and my comp 10. I talked bout the fall of Adam and the importance of the Atonement, then I taught the gospel principle class about eternal marriage. I think I confused them ha-ha no I think I did a good job. It was a good Sunday and the twins that we baptized are now deacons, they got the Aaronic Priesthood.

So here are the changes, the Zone Leaders just got them. I’m leaving, Im going to Lima!!!! I’m going to the poorest place in all of Peru and the most dangerous, its called Ventanilla, I have never ever wanted to go there because its so bad but the cool thing is im going to be a Zone Leader!!! I’m way excited, I’m kind of nervous, I’m going to have a whole zone now not just a district, my new companion is Elder Duarte, I think he is from Ecuador, I’m kind of excited, next week I would like another long letter from Dad about being a Zone Leader, any advice would help. I’m flying out of here tomorrow at 6 in the afternernoon, so I will finish my last six months as a Zone Leader. I’m so excited I can’t stand it. Well that’s it for this week, wish me luck, I love you guys and thanks for the support,

love elder ridge

No comments: