Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Boxer, Mosquito Net and a Hungry ATM

March 30th


First of all my new companion is awesome. We get a long and he is humble. Before the mission he was a boxer so he is big. We have the same time in the mission, I lead the area and meetings and lessons cause he doesn’t know anybody but he reports to our district leader and stuff, we are pretty even. That’s what I wanted this change was some one that I could be equal this change, we already have learned a lot together, this change is going to be good. Elder Layton is sitting next to me and we are telling stories and stuff, he is so funny, I haven’t seen Elder Hyde yet but I have talked to Elder Roldan, he is doing well.

I have not been sick yet here in Iquitos. We do sleep in mosquito nets and they are hot, it’s like a hot box. President is coming Tuesday so hopefully then I will get my package.


April 6th

Well, yes the ATM machine ate my card, I couldn’t believe it, the whole time I was thinking, Dads going to kill me haha, natural reaction. Yes I got the package that you sent, its awesome, thank you so much, I love the shirt and the candy, everything got here just fine including the chocolate.

Yes,I heard the they are sending Elder Cheesman back to Bolivia and couple others that I know. I am happy for them to go back so they can start helping the church there.

We got to go to every session of conference, my favorite talk was Jeffrey R Holland too, it was a amazing. I remember when the announced Larry Gibson (our Stake President has been called in the General Young Men’s Presidency) but I didn’t know it was him, I didn’t but two and two together. I saw Tim Wright singing like always.(A friend from our California Ward sings in the Tabernacle Choir)

Everything down here is good. Our investigators are good, we have found new people to teach that will get baptized, Willer’s brother wants to get baptized now so we are going to teach his brother and his mom, we have a couple of 10 year olds that parents fell away and came back to the church and want them to get baptized. Anita is way good, she is processing and attending church she attended conference and she liked it.

No comments: