Monday, February 9, 2009

I am going to the Jungle!!!


Well we have changes and I know your excited to hear so here it is............ I’m going........ to..... IQUITOS! I’m way excited! I’m freaking going to the Amazon River, Wow,!!!!!


My companion is Elder Zuniga. I already know him because he was here two changes ago. He is way cool and is white as I am but he is from Costa Rica, he speaks a little bit of English but not a lot, he is also District Leader so I will get to know all the areas in Iquitos. I am way excited. It is so hot there, everyone tells me that you will die because of the heat. Man I am so excited I can’t stand it!


I leave Wednesday morning and I have to put my stuff in the offices on Tuesday. I can only take one suitcase that weighs 40 pounds there. Today I am going to take out money from the bank just in case I need it while traveling.


Well I didn’t give the blessing one of the counselors did, because the Bishop announced it wrong so we just went with it. Our baptism was cool because the girl Lorene wants to serve a mission, she bore her testimony in sacrament meeting before she got confirmed, it was awesome. Javier was cool too, it was good to finally get the teaching done and get him in the water.


I have not gotten my third package yet an since I am leaving I don’t think I will ever get it. My health is good. I am drinking water. I don’t have fleas that much. Yesterday I ate cow lungs, it was gross. I will try to get you some pictures. Well, I love you guys, next e-mail will be about the Amazon Rainforest! Man I am way excited!

No comments: