Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baptism, Zoo and Bananas

This week was pretty good. Sunday we had a lot of people show up for church. One of the people is getting baptized this Saturday. Willier is 17 and way excited to get baptized. We also have Sabastian, the 9 year old, all of his family are members but him so this is an easy one. We have Alexander, he is 26, he didn’t come to church yesterday but he still has his date and is progressing, he showed up to church last week with a book about Joseph smith, so we taught him and he is way cool. The family of gold left for the dads work but will come back in two weeks so we are going to continue when they get back.

Last p-day we went to the zoo. It was way cool. You get to hold stuff and it’s like there isn’t a person with the animals either. You walk around and there are big parrots sitting there and you can walk up and put them on your arm. I have pictures of me holding a baby sloth, a huge boa constrictor. I did have a zoo guy with me for that one haha. It was awesome!!!

My teaching and my Spanish is way better. This week I realized that I can understand pretty much everything. Sometimes we will ask people who can speak Spanish better, and some people say me and I laugh. Since Elder Zuniga is from Costa Rica, he has a different accent, and they don’t know that he doesn’t know a ton of English.

The food here is really good so much cleaner. I love the maduro banana, its’ so good, it’s like a soft banana, fried a little bit. Man its good!! We eat banana for every meal even breakfast.

No comments: