Monday, January 12, 2009

Golden Contacts and "Should not have asked"

Well, so we had the changes, Elder Roldan left and Elder Maldonado came here. He is awesome, he is from right here in Lima, an area call Los Olivos. (Los Olivos is in the Lima province and appears to be in the Central Mission) We work hard and we get along so this change will be fun, he is a good teacher. We had a sweet lesson with this lady named Estel. Her daughter is a member but she isn’t and I have been talking with her since I got here but we went there for her to meet Elder Maldonado and we talked to her about the importance of baptism and she broke down crying saying she has been putting it off and that she needs to get baptized. She told us to baptize her in two weeks we are going to baptize her. It was awesome the spirit was way strong. We also had a member bring her friend to church and she was like hey I want to get baptized in this church. She said I already prayed about the church so we were like great! We said of course we will teach you and baptize you. She is pretty excited.

I finally got sick, first time I have been sick since I have been here. I had a fever and pounding headache, I couldn’t even walk but it already passed so I feel better. Last week I was at lunch with a family and this lady gave us this meat and I was eating it and I was thinking huh this kind of taste like steak but not really, so I was half way through eating it and I decided to do thing that you are not suppose do,Ii asked her what it was, and it was cow liver. haha I barley finished it, the image got in my head haha, it was gross.

No comments: