Monday, November 3, 2008

Quake shakes Peru capital Lima, no damage reported

The big thing that happened this week was we had a descent earthquake. We came back after lunch to start our fast and I was on my bed praying and Elder Lima was on his and all of a sudden I hear this deep, deep noise kind of like a rumble and I looked up and asked Elder Lima what’s happening. He was already off his bed starting to run and said we need to go now lets get out of the house it’s an earthquake. So I got up the windows started rattling and everything was moving and I could feel the ground move but not too much cause I was running. One thing about earthquakes that I didn’t know is how much noise they generate. It’s the deepest rumble I have ever heard and it’s loud but it was pretty sweet. It was my first big one but Elder Lima said that it was actually a small one compared to what can hit Peru. I don’t want to find out what a big one is like. Everything was shaking, it was crazy.

Uncle Dave this one is for you!! We had a police chase outside our house. The cops were trying to catch this teenager. Instead of getting out of their car and chasing him on foot, they stayed in their car and tried to run the teenager over. The car was drilling the curbs and bushes trying to run this kid over. It was fun to watch because the cop wouldn’t get out of the car so the kid got away. Uncle Dave, is this how you do it in the US. Maybe you can add this to your driving course you teach. (Elder Ridge’s Uncle Dave is a police office in California and teaches the rookies how to drive)

The work is good we have a couple of investigators on date for baptism. Yesterday we had two people show up at church and said “I like your church and I want to take the lessons, so that was pretty cool. They are getting baptized on the 23rd.

On P-day we write home from 10-11 usually, sometimes it changes. After that we do an activity as a zone like play soccer or go to the zoo something like that, then go to our lunch appointments at 1 or 2 and after that we can do what we want until 6, usually we just go back to the room and hangout with other missionaries or go buy stuff at the store. Today this is what we are doing. I can’t believe it when I heard it. We are going to watch batman, yes the new batman, in our mission the Mission President lets us watch movies with his approval, I think its weird that he lets us watch movies and I don’t agree with it but I have to be obedient haha.

No comments: