Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Peru is "Way Cool"

We recieved the first Peru email from Elder Ridge on Monday. He must be really busy and very excited because he neglected to tell us where he was assigned. Well, that means you have time to vote. (see the previous post for details)

So ya WOW.....WOW nothing could have prepared for this. Not Mexico not Jamaica it's totally different but I love it!!! I was culture shocked the first day or two because of all the things that happened around me but I'm used to it now. What everybody says is so true. There are dogs everywhere here but they don't come up to you they just do their own thing. The food is different but I have not eaten anything wierd yet. My first meal here was at a members house because members feed us for lunch.

When I flew in I went to the (mission) office. I was picked up by the assistants and when I got to the office Elder Rich and Elder Herdt were there to greet me and we talked about Peru, it was cool. President Perez is awesome.

My companion is Elder Lima from southern Peru and he helps me out a lot with my spanish. It is very difficult because I don't understand everything so I'm lost all the time. However, everyone has said my accent is way good but you need to learn more words. I have to work on my spanish. Elder Lima is way nice. It is so amazing down here.

We set like 5 baptism dates already, they accept it here like crazy but it is so hard to get them going.

Everyone looks at me down here because I tower over all of them. It is way coll down here and I love it and ya its spring so sometimes it gets cold.

1 comment:

Don Layton said...

Glad to hear that Elder Ridge is in Peru and is already having success. We'll continue to follow your blog to see some of the amazing experiences he will certainly have.