Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Golden Investigators



This week was great. We had 153 contacts and found a family to teach, so we will start teaching them. We are going to baptize Javier (he is 12) this Saturday. We are also working with Lorene, she is awesome. She is also getting baptized Saturday. We went to her office and she had bought paintings of Joseph Smith and Moroni which where expensive. I walked in her office and she was like look what I bought, I was like oh my gosh, she was like it was expensive but look its Joseph Smith the Prophet and Moroni with the plates, I was like ya wow, it’s good to have a investigator of gold like that.

Things are going good with my companion, he is away good teacher and we get along, we don’t have any problems, he is a pretty humble kid, his family is members, they converted when he was two so he has always been a member.

My Spanish continues to improve. I gave a talk yesterday in sacrament meeting for like 8 minutes. I got up and talked the whole time without stopping to think of a word, it was pretty sweet. Elder Cheesman still he helps me with my Spanish, I can talk all day and understand like 95 percent but I’m still not fluent but it’s coming fast.

I haven’t stopped sweating in the past 2 weeks. It’s pretty hot and I’m not even in the jungle.

No comments: